The Strategic Plan is guided by the organization’s mission, vision and values. These core elements provide Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA) with a clear understanding of what it does (Mission), what it aims to be (Vision) and the principles of how the CKHA Team will behave in executing the strategy (Values).
Together, Advancing Compassionate, Quality Care
An Exceptional Community Hospital Setting Standards – Exceeding Expectations
Teamwork, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Compassion, Knowledge
With a clear understanding of all that the organization is today and what it strives to be in the future, CKHA’s four strategic pillars provide a road map to deliver on its goals and priorities in the coming years. This work is grounded and supported by the leadership of the Board of Directors. Together, these elements form CKHA’s Strategic Plan.
Delivering quality care to residents of Chatham-Kent, South Lambton and Walpole Island, Chatham-Kent Health Alliance is a 200 + bed community hospital system, equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and technologies. Formed in 1998, CKHA is committed to core service excellence, top-flight operational performance and to becoming a hospital of choice in Southwestern Ontario. We are a proud partnership of three hospital corporations, located on campuses in Chatham and Wallaceburg.
CKHA is comprised of 1350 compassionate staff, 250 healthcare professionals and 500 volunteers who care for thousands of inpatients, outpatients and emergency patients annually, with an average patient satisfaction rate of 91%.
- Academically affiliated with the Schulich School of Medicine - University of Western Ontario
- A Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO) Best Practice Spotlight Organization
- Linked to tertiary centres in London, Windsor and beyond
- A national leader for clinical technology
- A Trillium Gift of Life Network hospital
- Recipient of several provincial awards for employment excellence, information technology, communications and environmental effort