Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA) is a 200 bed community hospital, serving the residents of Chatham and rural Kent including Walpole Island and Delaware First Nations. Formed in 2018, CKHA is committed to delivering quality and safe care at its two sites in Chatham and Wallaceburg. CKHA collaborates with other partners to deliver care across its community. CKHA’s dedicated team is comprised of approximately 1,400 staff, 200 physicians and 300 volunteers. CKHA provides a full range of programs, services and specialties from internal medicine and surgery to women & children’s and critical care; it is designated a schedule one facility under the Ministry of Health and cares for tens of thousands of inpatients, outpatients and emergency patients annually. CKHA is equipped with state of the art diagnostics and technology to support its varied programs. CKHA’s vision: Together, growing a healthier community, underscores a movement to improving the population’s health. Grounded by its values “CKHA CARES” (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Safety), CKHA commits to continuously improve the patient experience in partnership with patients, families and caregivers. For more information, click here to read CKHA’s Fast Facts.
- A community hospital with two sites in Chatham and Wallaceburg.
- A leader in inter-professional collaborative education and practice.
- A national leader in green healthcare sustainability.
- Invested in patient and staff safety and quality initiatives.
- Linked to tertiary centres in London, Windsor and beyond.
- Academically affiliated with the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at Western University.
- A member of the Trillium Gift of Life Network Organ and Tissue Referral Program (TGLN).
- A regional pilot program for advance care planning initiatives with the Erie St. Clair End of Life Care Advisory Network.
- A Best Practice Spotlight Organization (BPSO) as designated by the Registered Nurses’ Association Ontario (RNAO) since 2009.
- A 100% smoke-free facility.
- Chronic Disease Management, Family Medicine, Rural & Seniors Health
- Diagnostics & Therapeutics
- Emergency, Ambulatory Care & Patient Flow
- Medicine & Critical Care
- Mental Health & Addictions
- Women & Children’s and Indigenous Health
- Provincially designated District Stroke Centre
- MRI & CT Examinations
- Ontario Breast Screening Program – High Risk Breast Screening program
- Hemodialysis Satellite Program
- Early Psychosis Intervention Program for Youth
- Satellite Chemotherapy Unit
Philosophy of Care
Patient & Family Centred, with an average patient satisfaction rate of over 92%. You can find more information about our Philosophy of Care under the Patient Experience section
Your opinions and feedback matter, send us your comments, questions and concerns.