CKHA COVID-19 Assessment Centre to Relocate to 10 Grand Avenue West as of July 1, 2021
CHATHAM-KENT: June 28, 2021 – Chatham-Kent Health Alliance’s (CKHA) COVID-19 Assessment Centre will relocate to 10 Grand Avenue West in Chatham as of July 1, 2021. Individuals with booked appointments on Thursday, July 1, 2021 or after will be directed to attend the new location for their test. For those with booked appointments on Wednesday, June 30, 2021, testing will continue to take place at the St. Clair College HealthPlex (1001 Grand Avenue, Chatham) with no disruption to service.
Since October 2020, the COVID-19 Assessment Centre operated out of the facilities at the St. Clair College HealthPlex, Chatham Campus. Due to a decreased demand in testing and the need for the HealthPlex to return to its original purpose as a gymnasium operated by St. Clair College, the COVID-19 Assessment Centre will move to 10 Grand Avenue West, Chatham (located within the 7-11 plaza on the corner of Grand Avenue and St. Clair Street). Space in this location has been re-designed to ensure a safe and efficient experience for individuals who are attending for COVID-19 testing.
CKHA asks that individuals who require a COVID-19 test to continue using the online booking tool at www.assessmentbooking.ca. For those who do not have access to technology, an appointment can be booked by calling the booking line at 519.436.2556. The Assessment Centre will continue to operate from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the last appointment seen at 4:20 p.m., seven days per week.
In early 2020, CKHA reached an agreement with St. Clair College to turn the Chatham Campus HealthPlex into the CKHA Field Hospital for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic. The provincial direction to ready a Field Hospital at the outset of the pandemic ensured CKHA had additional space to accommodate any potential patient surges. In collaboration with St. Clair College, an agreement to re-utilize this space in the fall of 2020 as a COVID-19 Assessment Centre was made to meet an increased demand for testing. Along with the Assessment Centre move, the partial Field Hospital that remains in this facility will be dismantled. Materials from the Field Hospital will be stored and re-purposed for future needs at CKHA’s Chatham and Wallaceburg sites.
CKHA would like to thank St. Clair College for their partnership and generous support of both the hospital’s pandemic-preparedness and COVID-19 testing needs over the last 14 months.
Reminders for those attending the COVID-19 Assessment Centre:
- Please book an appointment online at www.assessmentbooking.ca.
- For those who do not have access to technology, an appointment can be booked by calling the booking line at 519.436.2556.
- Please bring your health card with you when attending your appointment.
- Please bring a list of medications and any other information regarding allergies and past medical issues.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your appointment.
- If you no longer require your scheduled appointment, please cancel as soon as possible.
- When booking an appointment for a group/family, please book individual appointments for all members of the group/family.
- If you arrive after the Assessment Centre closes, please do NOT present to the Emergency Department. Return home to self-isolate and come back to the assessment centre in the morning.