Volunteers provide supplemental services to staff, patients and families at all hospitals. At Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA), you will see volunteers throughout the building escorting patients from one department to another or assisting staff in nursing units, outpatient programs, rehabilitation services, pastoral care and many other areas. You will recognize our volunteers by their name badges and unique volunteer uniforms.
Volunteers at CKHA are an integral part of the circle of care for our patients and are truly respected and appreciated. We welcome your interest in joining our team
- Three to four hour commitment a week
- Completed and submitted application form
- Interview with CKHA’s Volunteer Resource Specialist
- Health review, provided by CKHA
- Police check
- Attendance at a half-day general orientation
- Job training will be provided
Apply online to be a volunteer through our Adult or Youth application forms or use the printable application.
For more information about volunteering at CKHA, please contact our Volunteer Resource Specialist.
Volunteer Resource Specialist
519.352.6401 x 6485
Patient Experience Advisors:
At the Chatham-Kent Health Alliance (CKHA) our Mission is: Together, Growing a Healthier Community. The “together” includes everyone: CKHA staff, physicians, community partners, and especially CKHA’s patients and their care partners. We know that to truly live our mission, we must collaborate with our patients and their families and learn from the knowledge that comes from their lived experiences.
Since 2013, Patient Experience Advisor volunteers have been influencing CKHA’s policies and practices; creating exceptional healthcare experiences. These efforts help to ensure CKHA continues to offer Patient Family Centred Care and is responsive to the needs of the people, families and communities we serve. Patient Experience Advisors have the opportunity to influence meaningful change by:
- Attending meetings and becoming members of committees or councils
- Participating in working groups for improvement projects
- Sharing their health care stories
- Contributing opinions and perspectives based on their lived healthcare experiences
Patient Experience Advisors are individuals with lived experienced as patients and/or family members of patients at CKHA. We are:
- Interested in making a positive difference
- Comfortable sharing information about their experiences in ways that others can learn from
- Able to listen to and hear differing options
- Able to think constructively and problem-solve
- Willing to work alongside CKHA staff, physicians and leaders in a respectful and professional environment
- Able to dedicate a minimum of 4 hours per month (understanding time commitments will vary with projects and programs)
- Committed to patient confidentiality
The Patient Experience Office is actively seeking volunteers to join the Patient Experience Advisor Team!
Apply online to be a Patient Advisor through our online form or use the printable application.
For more information about becoming a Patient Experience Advisor at CKHA, please contact our Patient Relations Specialist:
Taryn McGregor-Van Hooren
Patient Relations Specialist
519.352.6401 x 6418
Your opinions and feedback matter, send us your comments, questions and concerns.